UPDATE: I am a Guinness World Record holder in the name of Childline Gibraltar :-)
At the London marathon I broke the world record for the fastest woman dressed as a film character. Please give generously :-)
In fact, I just signed up to run the Amsterdam marathon in October too!
My next mission in the calendar is in September when I will be doing the Berlin inline skating marathon (another 26.2 miles this time on wheels) and following that in early November I will cycle coast to coast in Costa Rica (nearly 500km).
I'm 40 in October so you could call this my mid-life crisis ;)
Please help me to end cruelty to children in Gibraltar.
What does Childline Gibraltar do?
- Offers counselling
- Runs a helpline and online advice service
- Works with schools, youth and sports groups, parents and volunteers
- Provides talks and assemblies to local schools
- Assists with PSHE development – an Education Programme working as an early intervention/preventative strategy
- Provides a forum for parents for discussion, support new parents and encourage better behaviour
Operational Aims for 2016
- To raise awareness of child abuse as a public health issue
- To Launch of a Live-Chat Service
- To create a volunteer-led youth offending service
- To promote the need for a mental health service for children and adolescents
- To increase support for children and teenagers experiencing family breakdown
Where does your money go?
- Costs associated with running premises
- Paid staff
- Training and conferences
- Marketing and raising awareness
So please give generously, to help me raise money to help local children.